Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Welcome to Dreamland



My town is in a panic, a woman will be coming to our town. This woman is the most feared woman in America. She comes in and takes over towns within a week leaving missing children in her wake. My family (consisting of my parents, sister, and boyfriend) start preparing for the onslaught that will ensue. The woman will tempt us with what our hearts have desired our entire lives but it’s fake. Don’t fall for it! We go over this for hours every day, when finally one night, the woman’s stretch limo pulls into our driveway. She is trying to read our hearts, trying to find a way to brainwash us. We hide. She drives away, on to the next house. The next day, my boyfriend Ryan and I head to the supermarket and are met by a barrage of uniformed men; unnerved, we quickly walk past and see a cage full of puppies. The exact puppy we had seen and longed for just weeks earlier was hopping and playing in the little cage! It was part of the woman’s trick! If we stayed, she would brainwash us and we would surely disappear. I yanked Ryan away, trying to remind him what we had been learning but it wasn’t making sense to him. We kept walking down an aisle and ran into a group of Ryan’s friends. This would be the final trick that would entrap my boyfriend. He ran off with them to the woman’s camp. I ran home as quickly as I could and prepared my bag, informing my family of the tragedy. Ryan’s only chance for survival was if I could find and rescue him. I searched the countryside and eventually discovered a checkpoint by the men in uniform who would let you into a large shed. Apparently that day was visiting day and they let me in. I walked in cautiously, my eyes darting around the room searching for Ryan. I found him! He sat behind a table, offering raffle tickets to the crowd. I ran up to him and pulled him aside, talking a mile a minute trying to reach the old Ryan. I told him to meet me outside after the visiting assembly and we would escape. Then, my alarm went off; waking me up for my day. My heart racing, I climbed out of bed. What in the world had just happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment