“Grads in Health Care Fields See Bright Job Market” from U.S. News by Katherine Hobson talks about the growing healthcare field, why it’s expected to keep growing, and who will benefit from it. According to the article, “the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a net job growth of almost 3 million healthcare jobs in the decade ending in 2020, a 29 percent increase.” One reason they gave for this growth is the free health care for the uninsured starting in 2014. Since those who couldn’t afford going to the doctor before will now be able to, hospitals and clinics will be much busier. Doctors aren’t the only ones who will benefit from this, physician assistants and advanced practice nurses (e.g. nurse practitioners and nurse-midwives) also enjoy easier job placements and higher salaries.
Finding this article was a very encouraging to me as I am planning to become a nurse practitioner. After I graduate, I shouldn’t have much trouble finding a job with high enough pay to support a comfortable lifestyle. Also, it is encouraging to know that I will be able to treat those who previously couldn’t afford medical attention, which would improve the overall health of our country. The healthcare industry is one that will be around forever. Everyone will need medical attention at some time or another. This article reinforces that statement and puts me at ease as I prepare to spend thousands of dollars on my education.
No comments:
Post a Comment